If you have a niche blog or you do niche blogging, can I say that you are a niche blogger? If yes, what do you do to become a Professional Niche Blogger? What keeps you on the right track?
I can’t say I am a Professional Blogger because I only have a year of experience till now in blogging. Blogging is not an easy job and when I started, I wanted to do niche blogging. During this short period, I have learnt a few things that, I feel, I should focus on, to become a Niche Blogger.
But, this has not been so easy for me to focus on a particular niche. I wanted to focus on online business only (Yes, it’s a broader niche, but that’s how it is).
To be frank, there are many times when I get diverted from my niche and start writing on topics which are a bit distantly related to my niche. It might be because there are so many other things I like and I want to write about, while I also know that they are not going to help my blog much.
As such, the first thing that I have learnt myself is to Focus On my niche! But that’s difficult!
There are a few more things that I have realized to make a habit of blogging within my focus area, which again are difficult for me to apply or focus on. Anyways, I am sharing them!
Ideas To Become A Niche Blogger
- Always Remember The Title & Tagline: They are the shortest ways that describe your whole blog. You can use them for some more benefits other than just a name or tagline. Always remember them while deciding a topic to write. Check whether or not your topic falls under them and if it does, see how close it is. The more closer your topic is to your title and tagline, the more targeted it is. If your tagline is “that’s not all” or “…..many more”, then I’m sorry!
- Visitor Segmentation: While customer segmentation is an important term in marketing, it is also important in niche blogging. In blogging we may call it Visitor Segmentation or Audience Segmentation. This is about segmenting your blog visitors in different groups such as age, gender, interests, geography, occupation, or any other characteristic that you feel better for your blog. It will give you great insights about your visitors which can help you in deciding and writing your posts. To track them you may use Google Analytics, check Commentators, etc.
- Visitor Needs: Dig deep into the needs and wants of your visitors. Your contact email account, comment section (both yours and other blogs of your niche), forums, question and answer sites, etc. are important places to hang out. Somebody truly said, “Write what your readers want, not what you want, to be successful in blogging.”
- Select Products: Whether you sell anything through your blog or not, selecting products related to your niche can help you move on the right track. If your motive is to sell them, it’s better! Related products can broaden your knowledge of your niche. You get new ideas, new features, new group of users and new things to write about. So, never be late to list down the related products of your niche and start studying them!
- Keep Updated With Current Affairs: The concept of First Mover Advantage also works in blogging. Your niche blog can be flooded with visitors if it provides new information within your niche before every other blogger talks about it. This is not possible unless you keep updated yourself on day-to-day basis and track the industry or niche you are blogging.
- Brainstorm New Ideas: Are you brainstorming to give your readers something new and different? I feel, brainstorming is an important part of blogging. It helps in getting new ideas for posts, new products and service ideas within the niche, attracting readers, etc.
- Love Your Niche: When you are in love with your niche, you’ll be able to write good quality content easily. Quality content is the most essential and valuable element of any blog to be successful. So, get the love thing up for your niche and for your readers!
I have been able to apply only a few of them and that too not in a very disciplined way. But, I’m glad that I have realized them. I’m sure every blogger learns something new everyday while blogging. The above points are my randomly learnt ideas to become a niche blogger. What are yours?
Image Courtesy of DigitalArt / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Hi, I'm the owner-cum-blogger of this blog. Basically, I write about online business, marketing and online tools! All my writings are based on my ideas, observations, experiments and findings. If you like this blog, why not keep in touch?? Catch me on Twitter